Ini Edo Biography
On April 23, 1982, Ini Edo was born. She was born in Nigeria and is a Nigerian actress. She debuted in the film industry in 2000 and has since appeared in over 100 films. Ini Edo’s net worth is estimated to be N550 million.
Ini Edo is an Ibibio from Akwa Ibom State in Nigeria’s south-central region. Her father was a church elder, and her mother was a teacher. She is the second of four children, three of whom are girls and one of whom is a male.
In Uyo, she attended Cornelius Connely College. She graduated with a Diploma in Theater Arts from the University of Uyo. She also completed her bachelor’s degree program in English at the University of Calabar. She was awarded a scholarship to study law at Nigeria’s National Open University in 2014.
Ini Edo Biography: Career
Her acting career began in 2003 with the film Thick Madam, which she starred in. At the audition she went, she was noticed by a producer.
Her big break came in 2004 when she starred in the film World Apart. She has acted in over 100 films and is one of Nigeria’s and Africa’s most well-known actresses.
Ini Edo Biograhy: Endosremnet
- From 2006 through 2016, she served as a GLO brand spokesperson for 10 years.
- She was chosen to be the Noble Hair brand ambassador in 2010. Ini edo is a brand ambassador to Slim Tea Nigeria’s brand.
Ini Edo Biography: Net worth
Ini Edo net worth is N 550 million. She has also tried her hand at a variety of other businesses, including a shoe collection and a bakery called Ini Delicious Bread.
Her pastry shop, however, is claimed to have closed down following her divorce from her husband, Philip.
Ini Edo Biography: Awards
For her contributions to the film industry, Ini Edo has been nominated for various accolades. Among the honors she has received are:
Ini Edo Biography: Movies
Ini Edo is a producer who has worked on films such as Heaven on My Mind, Knocking on Heaven’s Door, Echoes of Love, Memories of My Heart, and a number of others. She has also appeared in the films listed below:
- Best Actress Leading Role, Best Nollywood Awards, 2009
- Best Actress Indigenous, Zulu African Film Academy Awards, 2011
- Honorarium Appreciation Award, Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards, 2012
- Best Act Female (English), Cross River Movie Award, 2013
- Female Viewers Choice, Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards, 2013
- Best Supporting Actress, Nollywood and African Film Critics Award (NAFCA), 2013
- Best Actress – Africa Collaboration, Ghana Movie Award, 2015
- The One I Trust
- World Apart (1&2)
- Still In Love (1&2)
- Not Yours
- Negative Influence
- Millionaire’s Daughter (1&2)
- Love Crime (1&2)
- Love & Marriage
- I Swear (1&2)
- Indulgence (1&2)
- Indecent Girl
- Men Do Cry (1&2)
- Lonely Heart (1&2)
- Faces of Beauty (1&2)
- Fatal Seduction (1&2)
- One on One
- My Confession
- War Game (1,2&3)
- Live to Remember
- Emotional Blackmail (1&2)
- Worth Enemy
Ini Edo Biography: Nominations
- Best Actress In Leading role at the Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards, 2012
- Female Viewers Choice at the Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards, 2012
- Best Actress Leading Role at the Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards, 2014
- The Best Comedic act at the Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards, 2014
- Best Actress-Viewers Choice at the Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards, 2014
- Best Actress at the Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards, 2015
- Female Viewers Choice at the Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards, 2015
- Best Actress Leading Role at the 11th Africa Movie Academy Awards in 2015
- The Best Actress in a Comedy at the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards in 2016
- Best Actress- TV Series at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards in 2016