7 things you never knew about Tiwa Savage
In this post Naija02 gathers a list of seven things you possibly didn’t know about Nigerian music star Tiwa Savage, this includes her early life, her education, her career, marriage, awards and her family.
- In Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria, She was born on the 5th February 1980. Relocated to UK at age 11. She hails from the south western part of Nigeria, Isale Eko in Lagos Island, Lagos State to be precise, but grew up in the United State of America and the United Kingdom respectively
- She completed her primary and secondary education and High school certificate in London, she then attended University of Kent and Berkeely Music School in the UK and graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration.
- Known worldwide as the ‘African bad girl’ and she is a famous Nigerian Afro pop singer, recording artist, stage performer, model, television personality and actress.She released her debut album, titled “Once Upon a Time” on 3rd July 2013, with singles like Eminado, Kele Kele Love, amongst others. She released her second studio album “RED”, with hit singles like African Waist, My darling amongst others on 19th December 2015
- She released her debut album, titled “Once Upon a Time” on 3rd July 2013, with singles like Eminado, Kele Kele Love, amongst others. She released her second studio album “RED”, with hit singles like African Waist, My darling amongst others on 19th December 2015
- She has been on many controversial relationship gymnastics, amongst which is one with the music legend Wizkid famously known as Star Boy, their relationship has created a lot of controversy considering their age difference which means nothing to both artist since age is nothing but a number.
- Tiwa Savage has won many awards, including the Best R&B Artists of the Year at Nigerian Music Video Awards and Best Female Artiste of the Year at City People Entertainment Awards.
- Regarded as the queen of Afro pop in Nigeria, she signed a recording contract with Mavin Records in 2012. Signed a management and publishing deal with Roc Nation in June 2016. In 2013, got married to Tunji Balogun and later divorced him on the ground of domestic violence few years later.